Creamy Chicken Avocado Salad
I am all about ease and speed in the kitchen, and this dish ticks both of these boxes – quality protein missed with good fat and fibrous veggies, and it’s on the table in less than 15 minutes. You can’t argue with that.
Course: Entrée / Main / Side
Recipe contains: nuts
- 500 g (17 ½ oz.) savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 ripe avocado, stone removed, diced
- 300 g (10 ½ oz.) leftover roast chicken, shredded or chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- small handful mixed herbs, torn (tarragon, parsley and chervil)
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Mash the avocado slightly to a creamy and slightly chunky texture in a bowl, then add the cabbage, roast chicken, olive oil (if using) and lemon juice and give it a good toss through so the avocado dresses the salad evenly. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
Arrange the salad onto a platter and sprinkle with fresh mixed herbs and pine nuts. Serve.