Green Goodness Smoothie
Going Paleo is about embracing good quality fats, as Mother Nature has provided us in all her wisdom. Try one of these bad boys (or should I say good guys) for breakfast on day a week and just see how you feel for the next 3 hours.
Recipe contains: Nuts
- 2 green coconuts (flesh and juice) or 500 ml coconut water
- 1 ripe avocado, stone and skin removed
- 40 g (1. ½ oz.) silverbeet, spinach or kale, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful fresh mint, parsley or coriander (cilantro)
- 2 organic free-range eggs (uncooked)
- 8 walnuts, soaked overnight
- 8 macadamia nuts, soaked overnight
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds scraped) or ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- filtered water, nut or coconut milk, added to desired consistency
Cut open the tops of the coconuts by chopping a square opening into the top (preferably with 4 incisions using a cleaver), and pour out the coconut water directly into a blender jug. Scrape out the soft coconut flesh from the inside of the coconut shell with a spoon, and chop the flesh into chunks.
Drain and rinse the soaking walnuts and macadamias.
Add the coconut flesh and all other remaining ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Add filtered water, nut or coconut milk slowly until you to reach your desired consistency.
Serve immediately either in a tall milkshake glass or served from the coconut shell with a straw.
You can pre-soak the nuts and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.