Zucchini noodles with rich tomato sauce
This recipe will leave you feeling so clean and refreshed – not with the bloated zombie feeling you get after a regular bowl of pasta.
Recipe contains: Nuts
- 6–10 semi-dried tomatoes
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 6–10 green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 125 g Swiss brown mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful of basil leaves, torn
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, sliced (optional)
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 80 ml olive oil
- 4 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat- leaf parsley leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large handful of baby spinach leaves
- toasted pine nuts, to serve sunflower seeds, to serve pumpkin seeds, to serve
Place the semi-dried tomatoes in a food processor, along with the fresh tomatoes, capsicum, olives, mushrooms, basil, rosemary, garlic, chilli (if using) and lemon juice. Pulse until combined but still chunky. Transfer to a bowl, drizzle on 3 tablespoons of olive oil, then set aside for 5–10 minutes to marinate.
To make the zucchini noodles, thinly slice the zucchini using a mandolin slicer or a vegetable peeler. Toss the zucchini with the remaining oil, the parsley and some pepper and set aside to marinate for 5 minutes at room temperature.
To serve, combine the zucchini noodles with the chunky tomato sauce and baby spinach leaves, then scatter with pine nuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.