Fat for Fuel Ketogenic Cookbook
Recipes and Ketogenic Keys to Health from a World-Class Doctor and an Internationally Renowned Chef
Food is medicine. Hippocrates himself, 16 centuries ago, understood this essential truth about healing. Today, natural-health expert Dr. Joseph Mercola and superstar Australian chef Pete Evans share the firm belief that food can be a powerful tool to reshape our health. In this new volume—a companion to Dr. Mercola’s best-selling Fat for Fuel—they’ve joined forces to put this tool in your hands.
Dr. Mercola is renowned for his visionary work in natural medicine; Pete Evans is acclaimed as an award-winning restaurateur, cookbook author, and TV chef, host of PBS’s Moveable Feast with Fine Cooking. Drawing on their combined expertise, The Fat for Fuel Ketogenic Cookbook is an impeccably researched, beautifully illustrated, comprehensive guide to eating the ketogenic way—in true epicurean style. In its pages, you’ll find:
- A clear explanation of what ketogenic eating is and how it can help transform your health
- An in-depth discussion of key health topics, including metabolism, digestion, gut health, diabetes, and more
- Practical guidance for following a ketogenic eating plan
- Cooking techniques to ensure you get the maximum benefit from your food
- Nearly 100 delicious recipes from Pete’s kitchen, aligned with both ketogenic and Paleo principles
- From basics like Beef Bone Broth, to showstopper entrées like Crispy Duck Confit, to irresistible treats like a Chocolate Fat Bomb, these dishes offer exquisite eating at every meal. And all are illustrated with gorgeous full-color photographs shot in Pete Evans’s own studio.
Eloquently presents the leading edge of science, exploring how best to power your body. This is a life-changing text that not only provides a deep dive into why choosing fat as our primary fuel source powerfully correlates with health and disease resistance, but also delivers in terms of how the reader can easily bring about this fundamentally important change.
Dr. Joseph Mercola has been a shining beacon of health wisdom and freedom for decades. His latest book . . . is a masterpiece of cutting-edge research and practical application.
Pete Evans emphasizes the deep significance of what we put into our bodies . . . . His recipes educate us about a way of eating in accordance with our physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. This beautiful book takes the mystery out of the confusing topic of what to eat to be free of wheat, gluten, grain, refined sugar, and dairy. It empowers the reader to create truly divine, nourishing, and wholesome meals with grace and ease.
If you're looking to consciously create food made with love and respect, and simultaneously create health while dazzling your taste buds, this vibrant book is for you . . . brimming with delicious, nutritious, and sustainable recipes that will nourish your physical, mental, and emotional well-being. This is the perfect guide for your culinary journey.