Sautéed Greens with Lemon and Garlic
This is one recipe that I’d love to become a staple in your household – humble green veg. I have deliberately kept this as simple as possible because the easier it is the more change there is of making it to the dinner table.
Recipe contains: –
- 1 bunch fresh green asparagus
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, beef tallow, duck fat, or lard
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 zucchini (courgette), thinly sliced
- 150 g (5¼ oz.) fresh green beans, okra, or asparagus
- 1⁄2 bunch of kale, tough stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini, tougher stalk trimmed and cut in half
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the asparagus and broccolini and blanch just until tender, 2 – 3 minutes. Plunge into an ice bath or very cold water to stop the cooking.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add the garlic, and cook until fragrant (1 minute). Just before the garlic starts to brown, add the zucchini and cook until slightly golden (30 seconds).
Add the asparagus, broccolini, green beans, and kale, then sauté until the Broccolini becomes bright green and crisp (2 minutes).
Add the lemon zest and juice, and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.