Cacao and Carob Treats
I am lucky enough to have a wonderful cook as my partner and she is as health focussed as me. I wouldn't normally go for treats, but Nic makes these amazing raw cacao and carob treats that are just too good to not eat, she has kindly shared the recipe for you all… enjoy!
Recipe contains: Nuts
- 1 cup of cold pressed virgin coconut oil bought to liquid form if it is too cold
- 1 and a ½ cups of chopped nuts – use what you like – Nic used Brazils and macadamias
- 3 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao
- 3 heaped tablespoons of carob powder
- ½ cup of raisins
- 6 dried apricot, diced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of maca (optional)
- 1 cup of finely chopped dried cranberries or blueberries or both
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of finely grated fresh ginge
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon (we use cinnamon verum instead of cassia as it's much better for you)
- pinch of himalayan salt
Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir well until combined.
Pour into a suitable tray or bowl lined with glad wrap and allow to set in the fridge, or for a speedy set, pop it into the freezer.
Once set, flip it out of the bowl onto a chopping board and cut into bite sized pieces. You need to keep these treats in the fridge, as they will melt at room temperature, but if your family is like mine, they won't last long anywhere!