Kale Chips with Garlic and Sun-dried Tomato
These chips are remarkably moreish, so be prepared to bake countless batches! My partner, Nic, makes this crispy green goodness almost daily because they disappear as soon as they come out of the oven.
Recipe contains: –
- 40 g (⅓ cup) sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
- 80 g (2¾ oz.) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and patted dry
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 large bunch of kale, stems removed, leaves torn into large pieces (300 g)
Preheat the oven to 120°C. Grease a large baking tray with coconut oil and line with baking paper.
Combine the sunflower seeds, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, coconut oil, and ¼ teaspoon sea salt in a food processor and blend to a slightly coarse paste. Transfer the paste to a large bowl and add the kale, then toss to coat evenly.
Arrange the kale in a single layer on the prepared baking tray and bake for 40 – 50 minutes, or until crispy. Start checking after 30 minutes; don’t overcook the kale leaves or they will easily burn. Remove from the oven and cool before serving. Store in an airtight container.